About Me

My photo
Love to read? Then this is the blog for you! I love to read and spent a great deal of my youth at the library, Disney World or running from my sister. And, yes, that photo is of me and the beautiful Evil Queen from Snow White. You will find my reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, Christianbook.com, BAM, Pinterest and FB, as well.

Monday, June 13, 2022

"The Turnout" by Megan Abbott


“Every girl wants to be a ballerina…”

It’s true; I did, too. The beautiful costumes and graceful dancers balancing on the tips of those satiny pointe shoes are enough to sway every little girl’s mind from veterinarians and nurses.

Most often, that dream is short-lived. Any true dancer can tell you that it takes a love few have. It requires a dedication and sacrifice of time, money, food, and even your body. All that beauty sometimes hides a darkness.

You aren’t raised by a Mother who runs a successful dance school, raises twin ballerinas, and pulls off yearly productions of The Nutcracker without learning something. Without understanding exactly what it takes: a sacrificial love most of us cannot fathom. Sometimes love does not bind but tears apart. And sometimes it takes much more. Something darker; something not everyone would even consider.

“The Turning” begins with the twin sisters running their deceased mother’s dance school. With just weeks until the yearly production of The Nutcracker, their perfect routine begins to crumble and secrets threaten everything they know and cherish.

So far, this is my favorite book by Megan Abbott. I loved ballet as the backdrop and how the author wove the dance theme throughout the story. This one definitely kept me reading; I had to find out what was really going on in this twisted family, what happened to the parents so many years ago, and would the sisters be able to make it out of this. 

And if you don’t know what turnout is, google it!

Publication Date: August 3, 2021
Format: Paperback
Genre: Thriller, mystery, suspense, family drama
Cover: Perfect
Rating: 4.5 stars rounded up to 5
Source:  I received this book from the publisher via GoodReads. Thank you for the opportunity to read this fabulous book!

#TheTurning #MeganAbbott #Goodreads #GoodreadsGiveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment