About Me

My photo
Love to read? Then this is the blog for you! I love to read and spent a great deal of my youth at the library, Disney World or running from my sister. And, yes, that photo is of me and the beautiful Evil Queen from Snow White. You will find my reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, Christianbook.com, BAM, Pinterest and FB, as well.

Friday, August 3, 2018

"Under My Skin" by Lisa Unger


Do you ever start a book by a favorite author when it’s quiet and no one is around so you can read quickly and uninterrupted? Then, it’s so good, you slow down to savor the ending… not wanting it to end? This is one of those books!

“Sometimes we invite darkness.” Yes, Poppy, whether inadvertently or intentionally, sometimes we do! This is the gist of this book, to me.

The book begins with the main character, Poppy, in a bar talking to a stranger. However, too much to drink and too many pills to dull the pain render her unable to fend off her date when he tries to force her. A hooded man saves her just as she falls unconscious.

Poppy’s husband, Jack, was brutally murdered a year ago. With no leads, the murder is still unsolved. Just after the funeral, Poppy disappears for several days and has no memory of where she was or who she was with before turning up on her best friend’s doorstep in a red party dress. She is in counseling, but continues to self-medicate with pills and alcohol and suffers from insomnia. She soon realizes she is suffering from hypnogogia… the transitional phase between sleep and wakefulness or vice versa. She has no idea what is real and what is dream. She is being followed; she is seeing her dead husband. But, she is also seeing a strange woman that appears to her as being savagely beaten.
The Hollows is one of my favorite places and while “Under My Skin” is not set in this strange town, the main character does make a visit. While there, she also runs into one of my favorite characters, Jones Cooper. If you have read a few of Lisa Unger’s other novels, you know where and who I am talking about. I won’t lie… I was giddy when I got to those parts.

Read it… you won’t be able to put this book down!

Publication Date: October 1, 2018

Genre:  Thriller, Suspense, Murder, Mystery, Paranormal

Cover: OK

Rating: 5 stars

Source:  I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review. Thank you for the opportunity to read this great book!



#UnderMySkin #NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment