About Me

My photo
Love to read? Then this is the blog for you! I love to read and spent a great deal of my youth at the library, Disney World or running from my sister. And, yes, that photo is of me and the beautiful Evil Queen from Snow White. You will find my reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, Christianbook.com, BAM, Pinterest and FB, as well.

Friday, June 9, 2017

"Living Death" by Graham Masterton

28666680


Thank you Net Galley for this advance copy in return for an honest review.

"Living Death" is the 7th installment of Graham Masterton's Katie Maguire series. This is the second book by Graham Masterton that I have had the pleasure of reading. The first was "White Bones" which is the first in this series. I already have the second and am anxious to start reading.

As with most books in a series, this is a stand alone book. However, there are bits and pieces of the past that are discussed and are a part of the story, so I look forward to reading 2-6 in the series to fill in the blanks.

If you are a mystery/thriller fan, you will enjoy this book (and series). Katie Maguire is an Irish detective.. In this book, she is on the hunt for whoever is responsible for several strange disappearances. She is also trying to stop an influx of drugs while dealing with an ex-boyfriend who became crippled because of her and who is also living with her.

This book is a bit violent and has a couple of detailed sex scenes, so be aware. I found Katie to be a bit annoying. She has her ex-boyfriend living with her, albeit because of guilt, but brings home another man knowing he will most likely see them together. After knowing him only a couple of days, she is sleeping with him and dreaming of marriage and children. Still, it is a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment